Senior Process Engineer, Magnetics
Happy Electron Lab is an international R&D company active in the field of electric energy generation and storage. We are partnered with Arrival Ltd., a UK-based technology company developing next-generation electric vehicles.
We run multiple projects from our offices and laboratories in Redwood City, CA, London, UK, and St. Petersburg, Russia, and collaborate with leading academic experts in computational and experimental materials science worldwide.
About the role:
We are looking for a skilled and motivated senior process engineer, specifically in nano- and quantum magnetic systems in Redwood City, CA.
Our ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of magnetics, and specifically in the field of magnetic tunnel junctions (MTJ), magnetic RAM (MRAM), and magnetic heterostructures, and practical experience with materials deposition, fabrication and device testing, and a strong understanding of the physics and dynamics underlying such thin-film structures. Additionally, they will have experience in working in multidisciplinary, fast paced environments, and exceptional ability to manage and lead a diverse, multinational team across multiple locations and time zones.
- Engineering magnetic heterostructure devices with an emphasis on interface engineering.
- Collaborating with deposition engineer on magnetic heterostructures via sputtering.
- Patterning/fabrication of magnetic micro-/nano-devices with process engineers.
- Work in cleanroom environment, with etchers, sputtering, PECVD, mask aligners, mask writers, photoresist spinners, wet benches, etc. as needed for sample processing.
- Development of patterning/fabrication of masks.
- Parametric testing of patterned magnetic micro-/nano-devices.
- Writing progress reports, research articles and regularly presenting research outcomes to non-specialists.
- Collaborating with external academic partners to perform computational studies.
- Interacting with internal and external experimental groups to support product development.
- Keeping up to date with relevant literature and technologies through research and conference attendance.
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in your field by providing advice and support to colleagues.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally is required.
Skills and qualifications:
- Applicants must have a valid work authorization to work in the US
- PhD in physics, electrical engineering, materials science, or related field, and 0+ years of experience relevant experience, or MS and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Considerable hands-on experience with magnetic materials deposition, device processing/fabrication, testing.
- Experience in working with magnetic tunnel junctions, MRAM and other magnetic heterostructures.
- Deep understanding of TMR, STT, SOT, VCMA, skyrmions, spin textures, magnonics/spinwaves, and other spintronics related fundamentals.
- Experience in characterization methods such as XPS, SEM, EDS, TEM, EELS, XRD, etc.
- Experience with LLG based simulations, such as mumax, a plus.
- Experience with LabVIEW, MATLAB, python, and other methods to automate testing, data acquisition and data processing, a plus.
- Proven familiarity with the relevant research literature is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical and advanced research material clearly to non-specialists.
- Comfortable working in an international team across several time zones.
- Able to work independently and manage your time well.
- Send CV’s to : Hamid.email@example.com
Director of Technology Development
- Include the position title in the subject line of your email