Magnetic Materials and Device Scientist for Spin-Torque MRAM Development at Everspin
Reporting to the Director of Device, Materials and Process, the Magnetic Materials and Device Scientist works closely with other team members on a coordinated effort in spin-torque MRAM development.
Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Everspin Technologies (Nasdaq: MRAM) is the worldwide leader in designing, manufacturing, and commercially shipping discrete and embedded Magnetoresistive RAM (MRAM) into markets and applications where data persistence and integrity, low latency, and security are paramount. With over 120 Million MRAM products deployed in data center, cloud storage, energy, industrial, automotive, and transportation markets, Everspin has built the strongest and fastest growing foundation of MRAM users in the world. For more information, visit www.everspin.com.
Develop methods and work collaboratively to understand the properties of magnetic tunnel junction materials. Collaborate with engineers and scientists from multiple disciplines to design experiments for new magnetoresistive devices. Conceive and champion innovations for improved STT-MRAM materials and devices. Coordinate and prioritize work of self and others in the same area. Supervise and mentor technicians and junior engineers. Work with external partners at off-site locations. Analyze magnetic device and array data to reach conclusions about characteristics of magnetic materials, devices, and MRAM arrays.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ) materials and devices
· Extensive experience with magnetic characterization techniques of thin films and patterned electrical devices
· Experienced in data analysis of electrical and magnetic properties of MTJs
· Demonstrated ability to self-direct a research project
Qualifications & competencies
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Physics, Materials Science, or Electrical Engineering
· 3+ years of post-graduate magnetic materials R&D experience, or equivalent education and experience is required.
· A track record of innovation and leading-edge expertise is expected in the relevant areas, as demonstrated by publications in technical journals and patents issued/published.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to both work independently and in a team environment
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
· Detailed-oriented, organized approach to performing and reviewing work
· Unquestionable ethics – treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity
· Commitment to our core values of Leadership, Innovation, Communication, Persistence, Enthusiasm, and Respect
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact https://www.everspin.com/careers-everspin