Open experimental postdoc position at UIUC
There is a new open experimental postdoc position available in Prof. Axel Hoffmann's group at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The position will be available starting as early as the fall.
The project for which we are hiring is focusing on integrating magnetic materials in superconducting microwave devices for quantum information science. The ideal candidate will have experience with low temperature experimental techniques, microwave measurements, and/or thin film growth and lithographic processing. Furthermore, experience with magnetic materials and their dynamics as well as superconducting quantum devices will be beneficial.
The work will require
- effective communication in a larger team,
- coordination of efforts between a university (UIUC) and national lab (Argonne),
- mentoring of students in diverse labs,
- the capability to independently pursuing research ideas,
- a healthy appetite for publishing in peer-reviewed journals, and
- making conference presentations.
Applications should be sent directly to Prof. Axel Hoffmann at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a current CV.