PhD contract at INMA-CSIC University of Zaragoza on Magnetic Nanodevices for Spintronic And Neuromorphic Applications
Research Profile: PhD student
Research Field: Magnetic Nanodevices for Spintronic And Neuromorphic Applications
Location: Zaragoza (Spain)
Deadline (reception of applications): April 15, 2023
Time of Contract: 2 (CSIC) + 2 (University of Zaragoza) years
Magnetic nanodevices display a wide variety of behaviors that resemble the properties of both neurons and synapses. Neuromorphic computing takes inspiration from the way the brain processes data to improve energy efficiency and computational power. For the development of these magnetic nanodevices, including spin-orbit torque memories (SOT-MRAM), magnetic SOT oscillators and resistance-switching-based memories, optimization of materials and interfaces is required. The project involves the fabrication and characterization of magnonic and spintronic heterostructures for the application in magnetic nanodevices. From the point of view of materials science, basic studies of materials in large facilities will be carried out and from the applied point of view, systems with optimized properties of resistivity, generation/detection of spin currents and SOT efficiency will be worked on.
- Synthesis and optimization of thin-film nanomaterials. Manufacture of devices by lithography in a clean room: magnetic and electrical memories, oscillators.
- Conducting experiments on novel quantum materials
- Structural characterization (performing XRR, XRD, TEM Microscopy experiments), electrical and magnetic characterization.
- Electrical and thermomagnetic transport measurements.
- Analysis of data.
- Preparation of reports and scientific articles and presentation of results at scientific conferences
Applicants should have a Master in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Eng. or related fields. Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrated background in standard fabrication techniques, and characterization of magnetic/spintronic materials. The candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Applicants should submit a CV, a list of publications, and a list of possible references to Dr. M. A. Laguna-
Marco (email@example.com) Dr Myriam H. Aguirre (firstname.lastname@example.org).