Post-doctoral Scholar at the Oregon State University Applied Magnetics Laboratory
The Oregon State University Applied Magnetics Laboratory (https://magnetics.oregonstate.edu/) is seeking a post-doctoral scholar to lead a project investigating interactions between acoustic waves and spin waves with the goal of developing device applications. Duties will include theoretical analysis, device design, process development and device testing. The candidate is expected to advise and direct graduate students involved in the project and prepare technical reports and publications. The appointment will be for up to 2 years and will cover salary commensurate with experience ($4707/month minimum), benefits and a one-time reimbursable relocation cost up to the allowable limit. More information about being a postdoc at OSU are available at https://gradschool.oregonstate.edu/postdocs.
• Doctoral degree in physics or electrical engineering within the last 5 years
• Experience with physics or measurements of spin waves
• Experience with microwave-frequency instrumentation
• Experience with Brillouin Light Scattering (BLS) spectroscopy.
• Proven track-record of independent research, critical thinking, and successful academic publication.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with acoustic wave signal processing devices
Applications are accepted immediately for a preferred but flexible start date of October 15, 2023. Interested candidates are encouraged to email their application to Dr. Pallavi Dhagat (email@example.com) with the following attachments:
1) Cover Letter
2) CV. The applicant must clearly state their contribution to the research projects in which they have participated and include contact information for a minimum of 3 references. The applicants may include up to two example peer-reviewed journals they have authored or co-authored but must still make clear their contribution to the work.
3) The subject line of the email must be: OSU BLS post-doctoral position, Fall 2023