Postdoc Fellow/Research Assistant Professor at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Who are we?
Spintronic Quantum Materials Laboratory (SQML) at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is devoted to developing energy-efficient and time-efficient spintronic devices using quantum materials, especially two-dimensional (2D) materials. SQML principal investigator, Dr. Qiming Shao, obtained his BS from Tsinghua University and PhD from UCLA. He is a recipient of the 2022 IEEE Magnetics Society Early Career Award (only one worldwide in 2022), UCLA Distinguished PhD Dissertation Award, and 2019 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad. The lab research outputs are published in leading journals such as Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Electronics, Nature Communications, Nano Letters, etc. The lab website is: https://sqml.ust.hk/
What can you get?
• Develop 2D material-based quantum devices, reveal their exotic quantum physics, and generate research impact to a broad audience
• Collaborate with internationally leading experimental and theory groups
• Competitive salary (HKD 300,000 to 406,560 for postdoc and HKD 522,720 for RAP) together with HKUST benefits and travel support to intentional and domestic conferences
• Find competitive faculty positions in ECE, Physics, or relevant fields after the period
• Fabricate 2D heterostructures and devices
• Perform magnetotransport studies and write manuscripts
• Write one research grant proposal and teach one course yearly (required for RAP)
• Strong fabrication skills in 2D heterostructures and devices
• Strong background in physics of quantum transport and relevant experimental skills
• PhD in Physics, ECE, or relevant fields
• Publications on 2D heterostructures and devices
Application and timing:
Send your CV and research interests to email: email@example.com by 30/06/2022. Shortlisted candidates will be noticed. The starting date is flexible between 01/07/2022 and 30/06/2023.